Key not appearing in Algoriddim djay Pro for windows

Mathew

28 Jun, 2017 04:09 PM

Back with another question, as described in the title. I have enabled everything I could, including writing non iTunes tags, analysing my songs a few times with overwrite enabled on every section that I want analysed. Some help on this would be really helpful and greatly appreciated

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 28 Jun, 2017 04:22 PM

Hey Mathew,

please attach one of the files that Algoriddim does not display a key for.
    Which version of beaTunes did you use for analysis?
    I assume beaTunes does show a key, right?

I have no idea how Algoriddim works—did you ask it to re-scan the file? Or is that not something it does?

Thanks,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by Mathew on 29 Jun, 2017 06:30 AM

I'm currently using 5.0.1 and yes beaTunes shows the key. I haven't found a re-scan button and I don't think there is either. I had the same problem with VDJ 8 LE

3. 3 Posted by Mathew on 29 Jun, 2017 06:35 AM

Here are my settings currently as well. I have tried both ID3 TKEY and Open Key but nothing still works. Applies to VDJ 8 LE too

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by hendrik on 29 Jun, 2017 07:05 AM

Hey Mathew,

I checked the file. It contains the key Gm, i.e. G minor. For testing, I loaded the file into Traktor and it showed Gm as well.

So as far as I can tell, the key is in there in a way that's readable to other applications.

Please contact Algoriddim support and ask them how to re-read tags in your files.

Thanks,

-hendrik

5. 5 Posted by Mathew on 30 Jun, 2017 07:08 AM

Hey Hendrik, I'm still waiting for Algoriddim to reply. In the meantime, I downloaded Serato and it doesn't show the keys for my songs either.

I already did what was stated here in this article (http://blog.beatunes.com/2013/10/so-where-exactly-does-beatunes-store.html) a few times but nothing still shows. Strangely tho, the keys do appear in Mp3tag and the keys are written in the initial key tag.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by hendrik on 30 Jun, 2017 07:13 AM

I downloaded Serato and it doesn't show the keys for my songs either.

Perhaps you need to ask Serato to read them. I'm no expert in this.

Try Traktor, it shows the keys (at least for me).

Strangely tho, the keys do appear in Mp3tag.

Because they are in there...

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac