Playlist...merge?

Sean

06 Jun, 2017 09:08 AM

1. If you experienced a crash or other abnormal behavior, please attach the log file 'beaTunes-logs-2017-06-06-020351.zip' by dragging it from your desktop onto the 'Attach File' button below.

2. How can I get BeatTunes to see and analyze playlists that I have created within iTunes? My entire library has been run but I thought I recalled the ability to run that for individual playlists that I manually created in iTunes in previous versions of BeatTunes.

* beaTunes: 4.6.16
* JVM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM
* Version: 25.131-b11
* Vendor: Oracle Corporation
* Library: FileSystem
* Memory: 92m - 512m
* Registered as: Sean Anonymous

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 06 Jun, 2017 09:16 AM

Hey Sean,

it looks like you are using a folder-based library. Folder-based libraries are not optimal when using iTunes. Please simply create an iTunes-based library (e.g. via the File menu) and playlists in iTunes and beaTunes are synced.

Note that for iTunes-based beaTunes relies on XML sharing. See http://blog.beatunes.com/2015/09/please-share-itunes-library-xml-wi... for details. So please make sure XML sharing is on, before you attempt to create an iTunes-based library in beaTunes. Otherwise you won't be able to find the iTunes Library.xml file.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by Sean Mulrooney on 08 Jun, 2017 11:26 PM

Sure enough. Thank you.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 09 Jun, 2017 12:02 PM

You're welcome!

4. hendrik closed this discussion on 09 Jun, 2017 12:02 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac