beaTunes v5 EA2: Authorized Beatport...now what?

evansthompson

02 Jun, 2017 01:00 AM

I've authorized Beatport. Other than the Charts (which it would be nice to view something other/more than a tiny cover thumbnail), what should I be noticing / what's changed?

I do have quite a bit of EDM etc. I'm assuming I'll need to re-analyze it. What "should" happen with Beatport authorized?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 02 Jun, 2017 05:54 AM

I've authorized Beatport. Other than the Charts (which it would be nice to view something other/more than a tiny cover thumbnail), what should I be noticing / what's changed?

There are two things:

1. Charts
    2. Song matching with songs from charts

In other words, you can now choose Beatport as a source in the matching songs panel (see screenshot). beaTunes uses the key and BPM information from Beatport to use for matching. You can also play the 2min previews of those songs with beaTunes.

The idea is to be able to find popular EDM tracks that go well with what you've got.

This is a "pure" functionality. I.e. there are no kickbacks or anything like that involved. I just thought it's useful.

2. 2 Posted by evansthompson on 03 Jun, 2017 07:29 PM

Gotcha. Cool.

3. hendrik closed this discussion on 04 Jun, 2017 08:43 AM.

4. hendrik re-opened this discussion on 06 Jun, 2017 06:47 AM

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 06 Jun, 2017 06:47 AM

Oh... and what I completely forgot was the Get Info integration.

For songs that contain Beatport ids (Beatport embeds them into all its files), beaTunes uses Beatport as reference source and displays a little Beatport button that takes you straight to the song on their website. Might be useful when looking for songs by the same artist.

Screenshot attached.

6. 4 Posted by evansthompson on 07 Jun, 2017 03:28 PM

That's cool.

7. evansthompson closed this discussion on 07 Jun, 2017 03:32 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac