Shuffle

Mickey Tee

27 Mar, 2017 12:58 PM

Hi, as a 'noobie' I went looking for a way to 'shuffle' my entire library in beaTunes 4.6. Is it not possible? Do I need to integrate it with iTunes somehow to allow this?

Also, is it possible to have the 'Function' keys on the top row, do what they do in iTunes? >> next song >|| pause etc.... only the volume keys seem to work?

And one more thing, can I change the 'volume knob' to a 'slider' like iTunes?.... my volume knob is flaky at best... ⌘^ does nothing.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 27 Mar, 2017 07:23 PM

I went looking for a way to 'shuffle' my entire library in beaTunes 4.6. Is it not possible?

Indeed, beaTunes 4 does not have a built-in shuffle function.

Also, is it possible to have the 'Function' keys on the top row, do what they do in iTunes? >> next song >|| pause etc.... only the volume keys seem to work?

I guess you mean the Media Keys. Unfortunately, those are unsupported as well.

And one more thing, can I change the 'volume knob' to a 'slider' like iTunes?.... my volume knob is flaky at best...

While music is playing, click on the knob and move the mouse to the left or right. Should work smoothly!

⌘^ does nothing.

That's odd... Have you tried this while music was playing or not?

2. 2 Posted by dzturbd on 13 Jul, 2017 10:37 PM

Apparently still no shuffle selected playlist in version 5? Trying to not use iTunes at all, but shuffle is pretty important to me. Is it on the dev to-do list?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 17 Jul, 2017 04:00 PM

Is it on the dev to-do list?

Not really. The whole point of beaTunes is to be better than shuffle.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by hendrik on 17 Jul, 2017 04:01 PM

Workaround: Just create a MatchList with the list you want to shuffle as source.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac