Playlist

Robert Borchardt

14 Mar, 2017 08:24 PM

I am wondering if there is the best way to create playlist within a few years of song I select. I am wondering if maybe I am not doing thic correctly. I am also noticing duplicates of songs in the playlist is there a new video out there showing how to use this the best??

* beaTunes: 4.6.12
* JVM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
* Version: 25.121-b13
* Vendor: Oracle Corporation
* Library: FileSystem
* Memory: 92m - 512m
* Registered as: robert borchardt

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 15 Mar, 2017 08:29 AM

Hey Robert,

are you familiar with http://blog.beatunes.com/2015/02/creating-great-playlists.html ?

It explains most of the song matching mechanisms in beaTunes. To create a list "around" a certain release year, I would create a new ruleset with heavy emphasis on the "Year of Publication" rule. Then select one song that represents the playlist best and use it to start a match list. In the match list dialog, make sure to select your new ruleset.

Alternatively, select your seed song, then "New Matchlist" and in the filter section of the match list dialog, add a filter that limits the results to the desired range (see attached screenshot).

Hope this helps,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by Robert J Borcha... on 17 Mar, 2017 08:19 PM

Hendrik, I have not used the analysis or the other feature of the program will that jeopardize matching? The reason why is when I did run it once it was asking to change the integrity of the files etc which I didn’t want the program to do because in the end Traktor software is what I use and I have noticed if a file is messed with after import it reacts flaky.

Thanks.
    Robert Borchardt
    Graphic Designer
    Johnson Controls

+ 1 414 524 4953 direct
    + 1 414 305 8446 cell

THIS MESSAGE MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL. The information contained in, or attached to, this message is intended solely for the use of the specific person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient then you have received this communication in error and are prohibited from review, retransmission, taking any action in reliance upon, sharing the content of, disseminating or copying this message and any of the attachments in any way. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and promptly delete this message from all types of media and devices. Thank you.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 18 Mar, 2017 06:44 PM

Hendrik, I have not used the analysis or the other feature of the program will that jeopardize matching?

If you didn't do any analysis, beaTunes will only take existing tags into account when matching.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac