How to rescan library?

Mark Schaff

31 Oct, 2013 07:12 PM

1. If you experienced a crash or other abnormal behavior, please attach the log file 'beaTunes-logs-2013-10-31-120815.zip' by dragging it from your desktop onto the 'Attach File' button below.

2. Please enter your message to us here.

I removed a bunch of dupes in my iTunes library with another program - but it looks like beatunes still thinks they are part of my library when I do analysis operations. How can I get it to rebuild it's database?

Also, can beatunes be used to analyze and fix music libraries NOT associated with my I tunes application? (I have multiple music libraries that I use with different apps and music servers)

Thanks!

* beaTunes: 3.5.16
* JVM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM
* Version: 24.0-b56
* Vendor: Oracle Corporation
* Library: iTunes
* Memory: 92m - 256m
* Registered as: Mark Schaff

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 31 Oct, 2013 07:52 PM

Hi Marc,

beaTunes should pick up the changes in your iTunes library automatically or after synching (via File -> Synchronize)—provided that you are actually working with an iTunes-based library.

Regarding your second question, beaTunes can also work with libraries that are simply defined by a file system folder.

Please take a look at http://help.beatunes.com/kb/troubleshooting/how-to-tell-an-itunes-b... —I think it may answer most of your questions.

Cheers,

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac