Demo? Can Beatunes data/tags be set to writte to .mp3 Comments?

daz

06 Dec, 2021 01:34 PM

Tried the Demo of this a few years back and thought i would check it out again, so installed Demo and my machine says 'Demo expired.'
So is there a way to try the Demo again at all as obviously i am considered a purchase?

Also certain Data Beatunes creates in Beatunes only and some gets written to said Music Files.
Can some of this like 'Danceability' or 'mood' be written to specific .id3 Tags like for example 'Comment' or 'Composer.'

There are other things i obvoiusly want to check out but need that Demo to function, so??????

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 06 Dec, 2021 01:55 PM

Hey there,

unfortunately, you cannot really reactivate the demo.

Here are the options that are left:

1. Reset your system clock to a time before you tried the trial version, start beaTunes, reset the system clock back to the correct time. This might only work without Internet connection, as most systems these days sync their clock with some time server
    2. Simply purchase a license and ask for a refund, if you don't like it.

Can some of this like 'Danceability' or 'mood' be written to specific .id3 Tags like for example 'Comment' or 'Composer.'

If you turn embedding on (in general preferences), beaTunes writes these data into your files as well, but you cannot customize the field. By default it's a standard Id3 text field.

Hope this helps,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by daz on 06 Dec, 2021 03:02 PM

Thanks for getting back.
    A couple more questions.
    The program pulls Metadata from numerous online Databases(Discogs, LastFM, ect) to fill in/amend your Tracks .id3 Tags.
    So i have deleted a lot of 'Label' metadata from my collection in the past as i used this for field for something else. Can this program """specifically/only""" be set to rewrite this field at all. Or from example i have some Year id3 data missing but i don't want other stuff overwritten/altered only those specific Tracks with said specific Data?

Kinda spent what seems like Eons sorted Music Metadata and i do not want some Algorithm goofing all that up because i cannot be specific enough to tell it what to edit and stay away from ect :)
    Thanks man.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 14 Dec, 2021 08:39 AM

Hey there,

So i have deleted a lot of 'Label' metadata from my collection in the past as i used this for field for something else. Can this program """specifically/only""" be set to rewrite this field at all.

If with Label you mean music label (like Warner or Sony), the answer is no. beaTunes does not fill in music label data.

Or from example i have some Year id3 data missing but i don't want other stuff overwritten/altered only those specific Tracks with said specific Data?

In the Import metadata task definition, you can configure whether you want beaTunes to replace data or import missing data. Replace does not care about prior content, import only writes, if the field was previously empty.

Below replace and import you can configure a list of fields you want replaced/imported. This list applies to both the import and replace function, even though it's listed under replace.

So the brief answer is, you can configure beaTunes to replace or import selected fields. Other fields stay untouched.

In any case: Analysis is a bulk operation that cannot be undone. So please be super-careful. For single tracks, you can alternatively simply use the Get Info panel (File -> Get Info, see screenshot).

Hope this helps!

-hendrik

4. 4 Posted by daz on 14 Dec, 2021 08:06 PM

Thanks for the info.
    I kinda figured most of this out you have described thanks.

So now i bought the app i can see it does not add Label/Publisher Metadata, guess its not something it searches for.
    I know that Lastfm/Discogs ect have this Metadata info so could/would/can you considering adding this feature in the future at all??

Any idea of another app/way of getting this Label/Publisher Data added back into my files, obviously not physically adding it 1 by 1, don't think i got than many Years on left LOL

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by hendrik on 14 Dec, 2021 09:39 PM

I know that Lastfm/Discogs ect have this Metadata info so could/would/can you considering adding this feature in the future at all??

It has been on the todo list for a while, but given lots of more urgent things to implement, I cannot make any promises that it will be added any time soon.

Sorry.

If this is the main reason you bought the app, feel free to ask for a refund.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac