Several questions

Remco

19 Oct, 2021 07:10 PM

I am thinking about purchasing Beatunes. I m using Itunes on my Microsoft based OS computer. I have the following questions:
- In what fields does Beatunes tags like: language, music type, mood, instruments etc
- Can Beatunes also search and add the release years of the music?
-Does Beatunes automatically add lyrics to the proper field in Itunes?
- What is the best way to let Beatunes search for lyrics (use online source or not, fall back to album song titles or not?)
- What does the Analuze key feature do?
- What does the Analysze key feature do?

Thank you in advance for your help

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 20 Oct, 2021 09:17 AM

Hey there,

• In what fields does Beatunes tags like: language, music type, mood, instruments etc

If you are using an iTunes-based library, you can choose whether you want beaTunes to embed those (non-iTunes) values into your files or not. See https://blog.beatunes.com/2013/10/so-where-exactly-does-beatunes-st...
    If you choose to embed the values, language, for example would be stored in the TLAN field of an mp3 file. I'm not sure what you mean with "music type". Mood is stored in custom text fields, instruments as well, etc.

• Can Beatunes also search and add the release years of the music?

How exactly do you define release year?
    beaTunes can look up "years", but your mileage may vary.

-Does Beatunes automatically add lyrics to the proper field in Itunes?

beaTunes can do a web search for lyrics and add the results for your personal use. That said, it being a web search, this is nothing one should really rely upon.

What is the best way to let Beatunes search for lyrics (use online source or not, fall back to album song titles or not?)

In all honesty: The best way is to use another application. This is why lyrics related features are not advertised anywhere on the site.

• What does the Analuze key feature do?

It analyzes what key a piece of music is in. E.g. C minor.

Hope this helps,

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac