Analysis Problem

Phil C

29 May, 2021 12:56 PM

Hi
I have just found beatunes online and downloaded the trial version.
I have just started the "analyse all songs" option to try and see the BPM of each song, but all of my songs are coming up with an error code of "could not find any tags for........."
Can you please explain what this means and how can I rectify it.
I created my iTunes library mostly by imputing from an external CD drive.
Don't know if that has anything to do with this error, please advise, thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 29 May, 2021 08:12 PM

Hey Phil,

what you are seeing has nothing to do with BPM estimation. Most likely you have checked the "Import tags from Last.FM"-box and beaTunes was unable to find any tags on Last.FM for some of your tracks, potentially, because nobody has tagged those tracks.

Hope this helps,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by Phil C on 31 May, 2021 07:41 AM

Hi Hendrik
    "import tags" was not checked but thanks anyway.
    It was suggested elsewhere, that I should reload iTunes from the Apple site and not from Microsoft. Apparently there is a .com file? which doesn't always load from the Microsoft version.
    Tried it and then ran Beatunes "analyse all songs" again and I now have the BPM for 95% of the songs in my library.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 01 Jun, 2021 07:55 PM

Ah.. yes. The iTunes version directly from Apple should be used as COM automation tends not to work in the Microsoft store version.

Good you found that!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac