Embedding Key format in Apple Music "Comment" field

cpwicks10934

17 May, 2021 11:52 AM

I am running beaTunes 5.2.2 and BigSur 11.3.1 as well as Apple Music 1.1.4.110.
When I analyze my new music in beaTunes I want to export and embed the following Music Key format in my Apple Music comment field.

KEY:E minor (2m):

Can someone tell me what selections I need to make in beaTunes in order to make that happen.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cliff

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 17 May, 2021 01:00 PM

Hey Cliff,

before beaTunes 5, beaTunes was not capable of copying the key info to the comment field. To make up for this, there was (and still is) a plugin called "Copy key to comment". You can install it via Preferences -> Plugins. Once installed and after a beaTunes restart, you can use this plugin like any other analysis task. I.e. you can ask beaTunes to analyze some file and in the analysis options, you will see the "Copy key to comment" task. To actually copy the key value, you need to enable that task. Note that this plugin will only copy the key info, but not compute it. To compute the key information, you will need to enable the regular key analysis task (without its copy-to-comment option turned on).

The mentioned plugin should be executed after the regular key analysis task. Otherwise there plugin does not know what to copy.

Hope this helps,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by cpwicks10934 on 17 May, 2021 01:47 PM

Thanks Hendrik

I am trying to identify how I can achieve the format of the Key as

3. 3 Posted by cpwicks10934 on 17 May, 2021 02:38 PM

The format I am trying to generate in beaTunes and export to Apple Music is

KEY:E minor (2m):

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by hendrik on 17 May, 2021 03:38 PM

That’s what the mentioned plugin exports.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac