Is it possible to define the length in time for the songs to be played?

Hakan Lindholm

23 Apr, 2021 11:01 AM

Hello,
I wonder if it is possible to set a length in time for the songs to be played in playlist?
I.e. if I only want 60 sec of each song in the playlist to be played then fade and then 60 sec of the next song in the playlist etc

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 23 Apr, 2021 12:54 PM

Hey Hakan,

please check out scan mode. The Beginning mode can be customized to a length that is defined in the preferences under Playback called Scan Length.

Hope this helps,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by Håkan Lindholm on 23 Apr, 2021 01:43 PM

It works fine/ Thanks

Från: hendrik <[email blocked]>
    Skickat: den 23 april 2021 14:54
    Till: [email blocked]
    Ämne: Re: Is it possible to define the length in time for the songs to be played? [Questions #15475]

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 23 Apr, 2021 01:45 PM

Great. You're welcome!

-hendrik

4. hendrik closed this discussion on 23 Apr, 2021 01:45 PM.

5. Håkan Lindholm re-opened this discussion on 23 Apr, 2021 02:51 PM

6. 4 Posted by Håkan Lindholm on 23 Apr, 2021 02:51 PM

Hello again,

It works ok for now.

It would be even more useful if one could configure a bit longer playing time up to 90 sec or so and also to be able to specify a duration of pause between the songs ie 15, 30 or up tp 30 sec.

Then the software will more useful for dancers ie for dance training. They often want playlists with 60-90 sec song and 15-60 sec pause between the songs.

Skickat: den 23 april 2021 15:46
    Ämne: Re: Is it possible to define the length in time for the songs to be played? [Questions #15475]

7. 5 Posted by Håkan Lindholm on 25 Apr, 2021 10:47 AM

Hello again,

Would it be possible to extend the limit for the length in time the songs to be played.

Now the limit is 60 sec.

It would be very helpful if it could be extended to 90 sec.

Från: Håkan Lindholm <[email blocked]>
    Skickat: den 23 april 2021 16:51
    Till: 'hendrik' <[email blocked]>
    Ämne: Sv: Is it possible to define the length in time for the songs to be played? [Questions #15475]

Hello again,

It works ok for now.

It would be even more useful if one could configure a bit longer playing time up to 90 sec or so and also to be able to specify a duration of pause between the songs ie 15, 30 or up tp 30 sec.

Then the software will more useful for dancers ie for dance training. They often want playlists with 60-90 sec song and 15-60 sec pause between the songs.

Från: hendrik <[email blocked] <mailto:[email blocked]> >
    Skickat: den 23 april 2021 15:46
    Till: [email blocked] <mailto:[email blocked]>

8. Support Staff 6 Posted by hendrik on 26 Apr, 2021 07:46 AM

Out of curiosity, for which kind(s) of dance/dancers is this?

(Just trying to understand the use case a bit better)

9. 7 Posted by Håkan Lindholm on 26 Apr, 2021 09:29 AM

Training sessions for various swing dances.

During training one normally don’t dance to the complete songs only 60-90 sec or so with or without a short pause in between (also useful during classes and some competitions).

Most important is to be able to extend the limit a bit. It is now 60 sec it would be more useful if it could be at least 90 sec (I guess it should be fairly simple since the logic is already there).

It would also be very useful in the same way to be able to configure a short pause between the songs (same logic).

I have a temporary fix for now, I have made up a few “dummy pause songs” in various lengths as “dummy quite/no sound songs” that I put in between the songs in the playlist (very messy but it works as temporary fix.

But it would be nice to have it configurable.

Skickat: den 26 april 2021 09:46

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac