Ruleset management question

Richard

01 Apr, 2021 10:14 PM

Hi Hendrik:

I make frequent use of matchlists using custom rulesets. My questions right now are:

• Can an existing ruleset be renamed? I tried renaming one of my rulesets by giving it a new name in the Preferences > Song Matching box, but it didn't seem to "stick".
  • Can a ruleset be deleted? I tried deleting one of my custom rulesets by pressing the "-" sign next to the Active Ruleset name in the Preferences > Song Matching Preferences box, but it didn't go away.

I tried exiting and restarting beaTunes in case it needed to reload its db for the changes to take effect, but that didn't help either.

I can create new rulesets, no problem. But I'd like to do some housekeeping and get rid of some I don't need. And I would like to rename a ruleset on occasion, especially after I modify its matching criteria.

Thanks,
Richard

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 02 Apr, 2021 07:28 PM

Hey Richard,

Can an existing ruleset be renamed?

Yes. In the beaTunes preferences, choose the Song Matching tab, the the ruleset you want to rename and simply type into the name field for it.

Can a ruleset be deleted?

Yes. Simply select is and press the - button.

As you said, you tried both these things and somehow they didn't work. Could you please try both things again and right afterwards upload your logs?

Thank you,

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac