Embed non-iTunes fields

Don Kirby

20 Jan, 2021 05:49 PM

I figured out that I need to run embed Non-itunes fields to get the Danceability to show up in the tags. It appears I have to run this everytime I add any new songs and it runs for the whole database (for me 16K songs). Is there a way to have it pick up the new songs without running on the whole thing again?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 20 Jan, 2021 08:24 PM

Hey,

when you synchronize, beaTunes typically offers to analyze just the new tracks.

If that does not happen, for whatever reason, just sort your music by Date Added, select the new tracks, and then right-click and Analyze.

Hope this helps,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by mydjdonk on 20 Jan, 2021 08:35 PM

This is not related to analyzing tracks. This is related to embedding via Tools > Embed Non Items fields. Do I need to run this every time I add to songs to itunes? It appears I do because it I do not run it, I don't see Danceability in the new songs after analyzing in BeaTunes.

3. 3 Posted by mydjdonk on 20 Jan, 2021 08:35 PM

non-Itunes fields

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by hendrik on 20 Jan, 2021 08:36 PM

Ah... I misunderstood. You should be able to simply turn on "Embed non-iTunes fields" in the general preferences. I assume it's off, right?

5. 5 Posted by mydjdonk on 20 Jan, 2021 08:46 PM

Embed non-iTunes fields into audio files is on and has been on for months (see attachment). I only see the Danceability in my tags when I rerun Tools > Embed non-iTunes fields.

6. 6 Posted by mydjdonk on 20 Jan, 2021 08:48 PM

I will confirm by adding some new songs to itunes and then analyzing in BeaTunes to see if it brings in Danceabilty.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by hendrik on 21 Jan, 2021 09:21 PM

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac