We couldn't make your iCloud Music Library available. Click on the retry button - and a few general questions.

Christian Biagi

03 Sep, 2020 07:49 PM

"We couldn't make your iCloud Music Library available. Click on the retry button"I ran beatunes based on my library xml file, about 49000 songs. Ever since i ran it, i can't access my icloud library anymore with itunes. I just tried on 2 machines.
It does appear that some of the playlists i made with matchlist have showed up on my phone and in itunes, so its at least partly worked.
When i launched iTunes on the 2nd machine it doesn't appear to have the songs that were added during the last few weeks on the machine i ran beatunes analysis.
Any ideas on why and how to fix it?
Also do i need to download my entire library to my hard drive to get the full functionality of beatunes, such as making matchlists?
if i want to run beatunes on a new computer instead of the one i rand the week plus long scan on, is this an easy procedure, or do i just start over on the new machine?
Is there any problem with restarting the computer/beatunes during one of these long analasys's?

Using Windows 10x64
 itunes 12.10.8.5 using cloud music, my own from itunes match and a little from apple music.
beaTunes-5-2-13-x64

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 04 Sep, 2020 07:40 AM

I doubt that the iCloud issue and beaTunes are connected. Please contact Apple for iCloud problems.

Also do i need to download my entire library to my hard drive to get the full functionality of beatunes, such as making matchlists?

You need to download the files to analyze them. Without files, there is nothing for beaTunes to analyze. You might be interested in the analysis results for better matchlists.

if i want to run beatunes on a new computer instead of the one i rand the week plus long scan on, is this an easy procedure, or do i just start over on the new machine?

If you turned embedding (in the general preferences) on before the analysis and operate on the same files (e.g. via a network share), then beaTunes will read the data from your files. If you use different copies of your music files, e.g. from iCloud, then you will have to re-run the whole analysis.

Is there any problem with restarting the computer/beatunes during one of these long analasys's?

Not if you are properly shutting down beaTunes. Upon restarting beaTunes it will ask you whether it should resume the analysis.

and a little from apple music.

Note that Apple music uses DRM, i.e. the files are encrypted/crippled and not accessible by third party software like beaTunes.

2. 2 Posted by christian biagi on 04 Sep, 2020 02:57 PM

Thanks So much for your quick reply.  My assumption was that changes made by beatunes to the itunes library.xml file would cause changes to what is on the cloud.  I will contact apple and ask how to  get access again.
        On Thursday, September 3, 2020, 11:40:23 PM AKDT, hendrik <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

3. 3 Posted by Christian Biagi on 04 Sep, 2020 06:04 PM

I want to add this in case someone else has the same problem with icloud -
    this seems to have solved my problem and i am able to download my cloud songs to have them analyzed now. - "I had this issue, fixed it by the following steps: Click account, go to authorisations, de-authorise computer, sign out, sign in, authorise computer again. Then your iCloud library should be working."
    From this reddit thread - https://www.reddit.com/r/ITunes/comments/62azik/cant_make_icloud_music_library_available/

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by hendrik on 05 Sep, 2020 07:21 AM

My assumption was that changes made by beatunes to the itunes library.xml file would cause changes to what is on the cloud.

Fair assumption, but the XML is never modified by beaTunes and never read by iTunes. iTunes just exports it as a read-only document for third party apps like beaTunes. On Windows beaTunes uses the official COM API to communicate any changes to iTunes.

Thanks for posting the iCloud sign in/out authorization hint!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac