Track Replay Gain - Iphone

Marco

28 Aug, 2020 02:30 PM

Hi there,
I'm having a problem with normalization in Music.app (replay gain 2 level - track replay gain).
In particular, I notice that the volumes of the songs still have differences when played with the iphone (air pods).
How can I solve it ?
Thanks

Marco

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 28 Aug, 2020 02:48 PM

Hi Marco,

beaTunes merely adds ReplayGain tags, and if Soundcheck is enabled, iTunNORM tags to your files. What a music player like the iPhone does with those tags is outside of beaTunes’ scope.

That said, for the whole thing to work:

- Music.app Soundcheck must be turned on when you analyze the files with beaTunes
    - In beaTunes’ General preferences you must turn embedding on before the analysis
    - On your iPhone, under Settings -> Music you must turn SoundCheck on

If you are playing files that were not directly copied from your computer (I.e., if you are streaming), it won’t work.

Hope this helps a little,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by mcgl73 on 28 Aug, 2020 02:55 PM

Hi Hendrik,yeah, I followed all your suggestions but still noticing a volume gap when files are played on the Iphone.Pretty strange.Maybe I may change to a directory based library and check the results.Thanks anyway.Best
    Marco

Il venerdì 28 agosto 2020, 16:48:50 CEST, hendrik <[email blocked]> ha scritto:

#yiv8226745574 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv8226745574 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}
    |

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 29 Aug, 2020 07:11 AM

Hey Marco,

Does it work on the Music.app, though? I.e. do you see the same gain adjustments there as in beaTunes?

If you don't, please analyze your tracks again, but turn on "Embedding ..." and "Force Overwriting ..." in the general preferences before you do it. And when you select the Audio Normalization task in the Analysis Options dialog, choose "Replace existing replay gain".

Hope this helps,

-hendrik

4. 4 Posted by mcgl73 on 29 Aug, 2020 08:52 AM

Hi Hendrik, thanks for the info. I already followed all your precious instructions.Nevertheless, I think the problem is related to my library that is icloud-based on the iphone.This implies files are not affected by the Apple soundcheck.The only solution is to download the physical files on it, thus replaygain is there.Thanks anyway.
    Marco Il sabato 29 agosto 2020, 09:11:11 CEST, hendrik <[email blocked]> ha scritto:

#yiv8020270324 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv8020270324 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}
    |

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by hendrik on 29 Aug, 2020 11:01 AM

Yep, that makes sense. I don’t think Apple syncs ReplayGain across the cloud.

Good luck!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac