beaTunes using a lot of CPU and I/O - not sure why

Richard

24 Aug, 2020 11:53 PM

Hendrik:

I opened beaTunes and noticed it was running kind of sluggish. I took a look in Process Hacker (screen shot attached). I wasn't asking beaTunes to do anything at first, so I wondered why it was taking up so many system resources. I tried to play a song but I got a pop-up saying it couldn't locate the song within the time allotted (or something like that). I was trying to do a song name search, but those usually don't take very long. I went to a pre-existing short 30 song playlist and it took a minute or two just to display it.

I closed and reopened beaTunes and it resumed sucking up resources for a couple more minutes. I uploaded logs at that point.

Now, a couple more minutes later, it quit doing whatever it was doing. So, maybe I uploaded the logs too quickly. Sorry! It just seemed odd, though. It was about 10-15 minutes where it was very unresponsive.

Richard

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 26 Aug, 2020 07:52 PM

According to the logs, this may have been caused by the automatic playlist export. For large libraries I usually recommend to turn that off, because it is resource intensive.

2. 2 Posted by Richard on 26 Aug, 2020 08:02 PM

OK, thank you Hendrik. I thought the auto playlist export was a likely candidate to have been the culprit. I will turn it off.
        On Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 02:52:32 PM CDT, hendrik <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

3. hendrik closed this discussion on 27 Aug, 2020 10:04 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac