Timeout while creating playlist

Richard

09 Jul, 2020 09:42 PM

I tried to create a playlist having 183713 items. I received the error "java.lang.RuntimeException: Timeout while creating playlist untitled"

I was trying to create a playlist of tracks with no Mood in order to submit them to AcousticBrainz a little at a time. My idea was to submit batches of tracks to the task queue and then delete those tracks from this playlist as the Submit and then the Mood analysis completed. I didn't know any other way to avoid future duplicate submissions to AcousticBrainz that have no MB ID. (Later update: Actually, I came up with a way to do it. AcousticBrainz should be happy. They will be getting tens of thousands of new submissions.)

Is there an approximate max size that a playlist can be?

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 10 Jul, 2020 07:21 AM

Is there an approximate max size that a playlist can be?

Not really, as the main "Music" list is really just another playlist.

Can you please re-create the problem, i.e., attempt to create a playlist with 183713 or so items and upload your logs, once you get that error message? I'm interested in what goes wrong there.

Thanks!

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by Richard on 11 Jul, 2020 08:15 PM

I just attempted to create a playlist with 57887 items and received the same error as referenced above. I sent logs right away and attached a screen cap here.

Right before that I created a playlist with about 46,000 items and had no problem doing so. (These aren't actually going to be used to play songs. I'm using them to manage submissions to the Task Queue.)

I tried creating the same playlist again and encountered the same error. Next I was going to close and reopen beaTunes, but first I opened Process Hacker and noticed that beaTunes was (and still is) consuming 66% of CPU with not a lot of disk activity. (attached) I thought it might be a good idea to wait until beaTunes quit thrashing before closing it down, if possible. (Update: It finished right after I posted this comment. So that was about 15 minutes doing that.)

3. 3 Posted by Richard on 12 Jul, 2020 04:42 AM

I was able to create this same playlist in a different session with beaTunes a short while ago with no errors, about 8 hours after the post from above. So the problem isn't particularly related to the number of items in the playlist.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by hendrik on 13 Jul, 2020 05:45 AM

Thanks, for the logs, Richard.

It may seem odd, but I believe can work around the issue by turning off the status bar (in the View menu).

Please let me know, whether this helps!

Thanks!

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by hendrik on 03 Aug, 2020 02:38 PM

This should be fixed in beaTunes v5.2.11 (released today).

6. hendrik closed this discussion on 03 Aug, 2020 02:38 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac