Problems with the preferences

Stefan Mueller

04 Jan, 2020 04:47 PM

Hello,

now that I was able to correct some errors in my analyzed iTunes database with the help of Beatunes, I unfortunately had to find out that the changes were not transferred to iTunes. Why not? Surely the error is in the preferences - but where?

I think that the settings have to be made under general behaviour. However, it is not clear to me what is meant by the individual points. A small info button explaining this would be helpful.

With kind regards
Stefan

* beaTunes: 5.2.4
* JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
* Version: 11.0.4-BellSoft+11
* Vendor: BellSoft
* Library: iTunes
* Memory: 92m - 2048m
* Registered as: Stefan Mueller

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 04 Jan, 2020 08:46 PM

Hey Stefan,

using an iTunes-based library, beaTunes should always update iTunes during analysis. If that does not happen right away, it's an issue.

Just to make sure we don't misunderstand each other: You mean Analysis and not Inspection, right? If you mean Inspection, note that you have to commit your changes. This two-step process allows you to review changes you want to make, before actually writing them. Please read https://blog.beatunes.com/2015/02/improving-tags-through-inspection... for more info on this (also on how to turn the two-step process off).

Hope this helps,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by Stefan Mueller on 05 Jan, 2020 02:33 PM

Hello, Hendrik,

the problem has been correctly identified. In fact, I have been around the inspection area trying to change the names from Various to the correct name. Then everything was correct on Beatunes - but not on iTunes. I read the link and had the idea that I actually had to transfer the solution first, but then I couldn't find a corresponding button, so I looked in the preferences. There the checkbox "Delay execution of solutions" was not checked, so in my understanding a change should have been made immediately in itunes, right? But this is not the case.
    Any idea?

Stefan

3. 3 Posted by Stefan Mueller on 05 Jan, 2020 02:40 PM

Once again...

I have restarted Beatunes. Now it seems to work. I have no idea why this was not the case before.

Thanks for the help.

Is there actually a manual in German language?

Stefan

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by hendrik on 05 Jan, 2020 02:47 PM

Hallo Stefan,

Keine Ahnung, was da schief gegangen ist, aber schön, dass es jetzt funktioniert. ;-)

Eine deutsche Anleitung gibt es leider nicht, aber ich kann gerne Fragen auf deutsch beantworten.

Beste Grüße,

-hendrik

5. 5 Posted by Stefan Mueller on 05 Jan, 2020 03:59 PM

Ah! Danke!

Ich dachte mir bereits, dass ich meine Fragen auch auf deutsch stellen kann, aber bevor ich vergebens warte, weil ich irrig bin…
    Kann ich - falls irgendwann wieder Fragen auftauchen - direkt auf die Mail antworten?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    Stefan

04141/6590555
    01577/ 7816524
    [email blocked]

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by hendrik on 06 Jan, 2020 09:14 AM

Kann ich - falls irgendwann wieder Fragen auftauchen - direkt auf die Mail antworten?

Bitte nicht.

Stattdessen lieber für jedes neue Problem eine neue Diskussion auf http://help.beatunes.com/ starten. Das erleichtert das Beantworten von Fragen enorm und (sofern es eine öffentliche Diskussion ist) erlaubt anderen Nutzern leicht Antworten auf häufige Fragen zu finden.

Danke!

7. 7 Posted by Stefan Mueller on 06 Jan, 2020 05:52 PM

OK verstehe! Kein Problem.

Eine Frage habe ich aber dennoch an dieser Stelle: wo kann ich Verbesserungsvorschläge und Ideen - vorzugsweise in deutscher Sprache loswerden?

04141/6590555
    01577/ 7816524
    [email blocked]

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by hendrik on 06 Jan, 2020 05:53 PM

wo kann ich Verbesserungsvorschläge und Ideen - vorzugsweise in deutscher Sprache loswerden?

Unter http://help.beatunes.com/discussion/new mit "Suggestions" als "Category".

9. hendrik closed this discussion on 15 Jan, 2020 08:09 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac