Won't find or add music

bob

28 Sep, 2021 02:17 PM

I am trying the trial version to see it work, but it didn't do anything with my iTunes library. And when I try to add songs manually, it goes back to the app, but no songs are added. Also, I notice the types don't include MP3 so I am using all files, but are only those types supported?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 30 Sep, 2021 06:32 PM

Hey Bob,

what kind of library are you using and how are you adding tracks?
    See https://blog.beatunes.com/2015/01/different-libraries-for-different... for details.

Thanks,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by bob on 04 Oct, 2021 05:59 PM

iTunes library.

I somehow got it to work and it analyzed the music. The BEA GUI shows the BPM, but it does not reflect in iTunes. What do I have to do to get that data updated there?

3. 3 Posted by bob on 04 Oct, 2021 07:01 PM

To be clear, I see the BPM in iTunes when I do get info, but they don't show until I do that. Every song is blank until I right-click, and click Get Info. As soon as that screen shows, the BPM shows up on the list. How do I get the entire list to show them?

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by hendrik on 05 Oct, 2021 11:10 AM

Hey Bob,

sounds a lot like you are using a folder-based collection, when you should be using an iTunes-based collection. Can you please send a screenshot of your beaTunes general preferences, just to confirm?

Cheers,

-hendrik

5. 5 Posted by bob on 08 Oct, 2021 03:00 PM

Yes, it wouldn't do anything with the iTunes at first, but somehow it worked this time.

But the BPM don't show up unless I either "Get Info" on the song or play it.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by hendrik on 08 Oct, 2021 03:02 PM

Can you please send a screenshot of your beaTunes general preferences, just to confirm what's going on?

Thanks!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac