The sequence of what happens is as follows:
1. I start BeaTunes and select new library from a directory or folder
2. BeaTunes loads the song list
3. I select all songs (200+) and select analyze. Options for analyze are to look up and change title and basic info with fingerprint. Nothing else is selected
4. BeaTunes successfully updates a few songs then hangs
5. I am unable to select anything and BeaTunes is no responsive so I wait a few minutes before force quitting it
6. Sometimes, BeaTunes won’t force quit and locks up computer so I reboot
7. Either case, my database is broken but that’s probably the result of the crash and not the cause of the crash
8. I am using a clean install of windows 10
hendrik on 11 Dec, 2020 01:53 PM
Sorry about the double post earlier.
I have looked at your logs and beaTunes seems to wait for fetching lyrics. You may fare better turning the lyrics task off. Same is true for the Last.FM task (tags). beaTunes does not seem to hang (according to the logs). But (again according to the logs) it has a database problem, which is why I recommended the procedure above.
Did you try it? Or does it not make sense because you always create a fresh library that has never existed before?
BeaTunes successfully updates a few songs then hangs
I assume you are looking at the analysis panel, here, right?
I am unable to select anything and BeaTunes is no responsive so I wait a few minutes before force quitting it
"Not responsive" —I cannot see a UI hang in the logs. Does resizing the window still work?
I didn't feel the need to rebuild the database because BeaTunes would force me to rebuild the database every time it started because it would crash every use. I disabled Acronis True Image 2021 which has some antimalware functionality and BeaTunes is running fine now. I'll reenable the Acronis function later and see if that was the culprit.
BeaTunes's was nonresponsive and I couldn't do anything and the BeaTunes window would gray out and occassionally lock the computer up to a point Windows was nonresponsive as well.