iTunes for windows does not support this field in it's API

thomson.gb

14 Nov, 2019 03:17 PM

This comment was split from the discussion: java.lang.Unsupported... The BROWSE_FILE_DIR action is not supported on the current platform!

Hey Hendrik,

If You want me to open another topic I will, but I thought I would just tell You about one other thing that I noticed. When I click on the heart in the listing for a song in beatunes, it gives me a quick pop-up message "iTunes for windows does not support this field in it's API". In Windows iTunes (I have v12.7) there is a field with the same designation and I use it all the time. I just wanted to make You aware of that....

-Grace

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 14 Nov, 2019 03:23 PM

iTunes for Windows does support the heart, but unfortunately the COM API for iTunes for Windows does not. This means, that no third party app can set or unset the hearts from the outside. Apple has not updated the iTunes Windows API in many many years, clearly documenting its disinterest in third party integration/collaboration.

Frankly, I would not be surprised, if Apple dropped iTunes for Windows altogether and moved to a pure web app or some Electron-based app that lets you play music from its streaming service. Of course that's just speculation, but that's where Apple put its money recently.

2. 2 Posted by thomson.gb on 14 Nov, 2019 03:46 PM

Thanks, Hendrik.

-Grace

3. hendrik closed this discussion on 19 Nov, 2019 07:41 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac