bpm feature suggestions

Michael Lavocah

09 Oct, 2020 02:26 PM

I use beatunes extensively (every week) to manage a large library of 38,000 songs, partly for DJing uses. The bpm feature is really useful for that.
There are two ways that beatunes could make this feature more useful.
1/ The tap bpm feature - essential for me for waltzes, which software cannot process easily - could be made more user friendly in these ways:
 - display the currently measured number in a large font within the tap pad whilst I'm tapping;
 - have the pad colour change colour e.g. from red to orange after 10 taps, and from orange to green if the bpm does not change after two consecutive taps. This would make it super clear when it's time to stop tapping
2/ When iTunes saves the bpm it will be rounded to the nearest integer. I would like beatunes to preserve the unrounded number. It sort of does, but it depends. Suppose I am measuring a song with a bpm in the rango 60bpm-100bpm. Suppose the song is 64.5bpm but BeaTunes measures double this i.e. 129bpm. It then corrects this to 64.5bpm, which appears in the larger left hand box, with 129 in the smaller right hand box. After quitting beaTunes, iTunes will round this to e.g. 64bpm. When I return, it will say 64bpm in the left hand box and 129bpm in the right hand box.
Basically I want a button that will copy the bpm in the left hand box to the right hand box. Best if it can be done on an entire album at once.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac