Append to comments

Adam

20 Sep, 2020 02:35 AM

1. If you experienced a crash or other abnormal behavior, please attach the log file 'beaTunes-logs-2020-09-19-192952.zip' by dragging it from your desktop onto the 'Attach File' button below.

NA

2. Please enter your message to us here.

Before Apple crippled iTunes, I made quite a lot of use of the scripting capabilities. One that I miss in particular is "Append to Comments." Select a number of tracks, "Append to Comments" enter some text and boom! Would love to see this incorporated. (Or perhaps there is a way to get my iTunes sripts running over here in Beatunes?)

* beaTunes: 5.2.13
* JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
* Version: 11.0.7+10-LTS
* Vendor: BellSoft
* Library: Music.app
* Memory: 92m - 2048m
* Registered as: Adam Price

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 20 Sep, 2020 08:48 AM

Frankly, Music.app has the same AppleScript interface as iTunes. You shouldn’t need to change much to get your scripts to run with it.
    Have you tried?

2. 2 Posted by Adam on 20 Sep, 2020 05:02 PM

I hadn't, because I didn't know that music would run those scripts. So thanks for setting me straight on that. I still think that this capability in particular would be a ncie one to incorporate into BeaTunes so less application switching is necessary, but doing it in Music is better than nothing.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 21 Sep, 2020 07:52 AM

I hadn't, because I didn't know that music would run those scripts.

You should just have to tell Music instead of iTunes in your AppleScripts. Some some change will still be required.

That said, it looks like Doug updated the script for Music: https://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=mxappendtoselectedtag

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac