Feature request: add Stop to playback controls

evansthompson

02 Apr, 2020 10:08 PM

It would be great if the Controls menu had a Stop command in addition to Play/Pause. When a song is paused, the file is still "in use" by beaTunes. Errors result if analyzing the song or if any other process is accessing the file. Having a Stop command to "release" the file would be a huge help. Currently, the only workaround is to play a different song, and that can be inconvenient if in the middle of a batch of songs to analyze. It's extremely easy to accidentally hit Space while the focus is on a song, thus starting playback and potentially requiring selecting a different song to play to proceed.

iTunes does have a Stop command (command+period on macOS), and I'm assuming the Music app does, too. I use it exactly the same reasons.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 06 Apr, 2020 09:43 AM

Hey Evans,

very valid point. I have implemented "Stop" this weekend and it's in the latest snapshot. Please try https://www.beatunes.com/download/beaTunes-5-2-8-SNAPSHOT.dmg when you get a chance (the URL is the same as last snapshot's, but the linked file is different).

Have a good week!

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by evansthompson on 08 Apr, 2020 05:29 PM

Thanks, Hendrik! I have the build installed and see the Stop control. I'll be adding some music to my library later today and will no doubt test the feature then. ;)

3. 3 Posted by evansthompson on 11 Apr, 2020 06:40 PM

It's perfect, hendrik! Just what I wanted. :)

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by hendrik on 12 Apr, 2020 12:38 PM

Excellent! I'll close this discussion then.

-hendrik

5. hendrik closed this discussion on 12 Apr, 2020 12:38 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac