Adding - Liked and Disliked, and Loved and Disliked to an empty text tag (in Traktor .nml)

Patch

04 Jun, 2019 08:56 PM

*Note: Don't let this post distract you from your well earned break! This can certainly wait until you are returned and settled. I just wanted to get it out of my head and recorded while it's fresh in my mind.

So, we have Liked and Disliked, and we also have Ticked and Un-ticked available in iTunes & BeaTunes.

Can we, using a BeaTlet, read that info from the iTunes or BeaTunes Library, and write all of those values to the Traktor Collection.nml against the corresponding track?

Some Traktor fields get written to the actual .mp3 file, so we can get the Loved & Disliked, and Ticked and Un-ticked info OUT of iTunes, and into the Traktor Collection.nml. This means that I could keep the all of that Loved and Ticked information in a single tag in the file. Meaning I could re-build my iTunes Library from the actual files if there's ever an issue.

For arguments sake, let's say we use the "Comment" field in iTunes. For a Track that is Ticked and Loved in iTunes, we would populate the "Comment" in the the Collection.nml from the info in the iTunes Library with the text "Ticked; Loved". For a track that is not Ticked, we'd populate the Comment tag with "Un-ticked".

This feels like it's possible. Do you think it can be done?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac