Matchlists - 2 requests/feature suggestions

Patch

22 Mar, 2019 11:33 AM

Just getting into matchlists. Super useful.

I have 2 feature suggestions, though:

1) The option to change the seed track/tracks of a matchlist, or; save a matchlist as a default matchlist

2) The option to use iTunes playlists/smart playlists and other Beatunes matchlists as filters in a matchlist

Apologies if these things are already possible. But I couldn't figure out how to do it if it is...

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 23 Mar, 2019 09:56 AM

Thanks for your input.

I'm not sure I really understand 2). Do you mean you want to use the settings from Smartlists or Matchlists as filters or you want to base new Matchlists based on the tracks from other lists?

2. 2 Posted by Patch on 23 Mar, 2019 10:56 AM

I’d like to use an iTunes playlist and/or a BeaTunes matchlist as a filter in a BeaTunes matchlist.

In the same way that you can in iTunes - for example:

Playlist <is> Hip-Hop, or;
    Playlist <is> 90 - 95 BPM

Having the ability to change the Seed track of a matchlist, and filter on OTHER matchlists or iTunes playlists opens up a whole world of playlist/matchlist possibilities...

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 23 Mar, 2019 11:18 AM

I’d like to use an iTunes playlist and/or a BeaTunes matchlist as a filter in a BeaTunes matchlist.

Isn't that at least partially already covered by being able to specify the source playlist (see attached screenshot)?

4. 4 Posted by Patch on 23 Mar, 2019 02:03 PM

Almost - but it needs to be one level down in the hierarchy so that we can specify multiple playlists/match lists and use AND and OR functions.

5. 5 Posted by Patch on 26 Mar, 2019 11:36 AM

Is there any interest in this? I can see it opening up LOADS of possibilities with regards to playlist generation. It would actually put BeaTunes light years ahead of iTunes in what is possible through Matchlists vs. Smart Playlists...

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by hendrik on 27 Mar, 2019 04:48 PM

I'm afraid, I don't really have the resources to implement this in the foreseeable future.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac