EZ-No Brainer Sorting

clayton giovanni

13 Feb, 2018 02:44 PM

I would like to see a method to have a 'profile' saved that would be 'Buy it...load it..run it...nuff said..a 'wizard' style or just a basic selection.

1. load selections or watch folder
2. sort music on basic style to a new location
3. You can then grab and add more music without having to 'sort' all over again.
 - I have a huge number of Audio Books, I would love for those to be indexed differently with this same 'simple-wizard' as well?
 - "compilations'...If there is a way to just set up by 'album' to keep tracks gathered. (that's not a strong request, just what I noticed is a pain-point of mine.
 - Has anybody made any demonstration videos yet?

I KNOW BeaTunes is amazing...and POWERFUL..but it's also somewhat overwhelming. While working with it, I always have to have a 'test' folder of files to play with just to be sure I'm getting what I need out of it.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 13 Feb, 2018 04:00 PM

Hey Clayton,

I'm not sure I fully understand your suggestion.

load selections or watch folder

Kind of like you now create a new collection based on a folder?

sort music on basic style to a new location

What do you mean with "basic style"? And with "sort to" do you mean "move files to a different location"?

You can then grab and add more music without having to 'sort' all over again.

With "grab and add" do you mean "add to collection"? I'm not sure what you are referring to when you write "sort all over again". What sorting?

I have a huge number of Audio Books, I would love for those to be indexed differently with this same 'simple-wizard' as well?

beaTunes supports "Media Kinds". Just set the media kind of your audiobooks to "Audiobook" and it can be treated differently in many ways (e.g. excluded from inspection).

compilations'...If there is a way to just set up by 'album' to keep tracks gathered. (that's not a strong request, just what I noticed is a pain-point of mine.

What do you mean with "just set up 'album'". I cannot follow.

Has anybody made any demonstration videos yet?

I believe there are one or two video on YouTube, but not much else.

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac