Black Friday Promo

Ker Bob

09 Nov, 2017 06:13 PM

Any chance of a Black Friday deal on the software?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 10 Nov, 2017 08:48 AM

Probably not.

But there may be a MacUpdate promotion coming up and perhaps another unusual form of deal. Either would be announced on our Twitter/Facebook etc. accounts.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by hendrik on 15 Nov, 2017 05:18 PM

That unusual form of deal I mentioned is in "beta mode". That means I'm still tweaking it, but it is public. In a nutshell, I'd like to verify the accuracy of a scientific tempo dataset. One of the best ways to do that is to have many people tap along to the tracks in the dataset. Since this is admittedly pretty monotonous labor (I know what I am talking about, I'm doing my share!), I'm rewarding contributors with beaTunes licenses.

Here are the details: https://www.beatunes.com/bpmthis/beatunes-for-taps.html

If the results are interesting, I'm will publish them.

Note: If you don't like electronic dance music (EDM) this is not for you!! The whole dataset consists of EDM exclusively. I may do this again with other, non-EDM datasets in the future.

Feel free to share this. Feedback is welcome.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 15 Nov, 2017 08:11 PM

... and if things go well, there will be a promotion on https://deals.macupdate.com/ starting this Friday.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac