Sorting in Matching songs

rwik

03 Oct, 2017 12:56 AM

I notice that in my playlists, the "index" column remains unchanged regardless of how I sort the list (ie: always in numerical order). However, if I try to sort a matching songs list by any other column, the numbering in the index column gets jumbled. Is there a reason for this? It would help to select a portion of a match list by some criteria if the index column behaved the same as in other lists.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 04 Oct, 2017 07:29 AM

Just to make sure I understand this correctly:

With regular playlists, you mean any playlist shown in the main beaTunes table, right?

With Matching song list, do you mean a Matchlist shown in the main beaTunes table or songs shown in the matching songs panel, below the main beaTunes table?

2. 2 Posted by rwik on 04 Oct, 2017 07:06 PM

That is exactly what I mean. By regular playlists I mean any of my existing playlists in the main beaTunes panel. And by matching song list I mean the ones shown in the matching songs panel.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 05 Oct, 2017 09:13 AM

Ok—the meaning of the index column is different in the playlist panel and in the matching songs panel.

• Playlist panel: The index is just the number of the song in the current order. This is similar to iTunes.
    • Matching songs: The index indicates how well the given song matches the selected song in the main playlist panel. It's a rank.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac