naming a new playlist from a selection

Peter

27 Sep, 2017 05:08 AM

Hello,

I am not sure which version of beatunes changed the behaviour, when I select some songs in a list and then choose "new playlist from selection" or cmd-shift-n, then the songs are added to a new playlist, this list is named "Playlist" and the name field is set to editable and the cursor is placed right behind the word "Playlist". In earlier versions, the existing name of the playlist ("Playlist") was already selected, so that I just needed to type in the new name. Now I first have to select it with cmd-a.

Just a minor nuisance, but I liked the old behaviour better.

greetings
Peter

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 29 Sep, 2017 07:26 AM

Hey Peter,

I have tried, but I cannot reproduce the behavior you describe.

Can you perhaps sent a little video? QuickTime allows screen capture.

Thanks,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by Peter on 30 Sep, 2017 05:16 AM

Hi Hendrik,

attach a screen capture; you see that after creating the playlist when editing the name, the default name "Playlist" is not preselected to be overwritten.

Just when I made this recording, I had the idea to try the native UI mode, and there it's working. So this seems to be only happening in the dark mode.

greetings
    Peter

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 30 Sep, 2017 09:33 AM

Thanks for the screen capture.

Which version of beaTunes is this? You can find the version number in the About dialog.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac