more contextual information with inspection issues

Rich Ellison

01 Aug, 2017 01:26 AM

there needs to be more contextual information around inspection issue presentation.

I'm fixing some issues and finding I need to have one window open with the filesystem also. For example it shows 7 songs from one album (from filenames tracks 1, 7, 8, 11, 13, 14, and 15) and offers track counts with a wide range of selections.. first choice is 15 (highest track with missing track count), next is 20 (no explanation why this might be possible), then 7 (obviously wrong given the track counts). Looking at the filesystem it turns out there were just 15 tracks, so in this case the highest track with missing count was the highest track. (would have guessed that files in album was where the 20 came from).

or, replace all the artwork with the most common one... but which is that and what artwork is being replaced? some of my files had damaged artwork (want to replace it) others had per-track artwork (like audiobooks with chapter pictures).

* beaTunes: 5.0.3
* JVM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
* Version: 25.131-b11
* Vendor: Oracle Corporation
* Library: iTunes
* Memory: 92m - 2048m
* Registered as: Richard Ellison

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 03 Aug, 2017 10:20 AM

Hey Richard,

this may not be exactly what you're looking for. But when you're in the inspection and beaTunes shows the songs that a solution would be applied to in the lower half of the screen, you can actually select one of those songs and choose Get Info from the context menu. The Get Info pane can then be used to gather tons of info about the file in question. Like artwork, location on disk etc. Also, in its Info pane, beaTunes will show you what entries do not match entries in reference databases (red underlines). You can have beaTunes display what's on those databases by right-clicking on such a field.

Also, back in the inspection screen, you can right-click on any of those files and select Show Song File to see the folder the file resides in.

Hope this helps a little,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by Rich Ellison on 05 Aug, 2017 01:41 PM

When I had my library cleaned up enough I re-imported into iTunes
    (Deleted library from iTunes as it had the wrong song files marked
    As dupes).

After switching beatunes to iTunes library it gave much better
    choices for track count

Sent from my iPhone

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 06 Aug, 2017 10:54 AM

After switching beatunes to iTunes library it gave much better choices for track count

That's a little surprising to me, but - hey - if it works for you, I'm not going to argue! :-)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac