"Choose Another Genre" Has Extra Space

Thomas Nelson

26 Jul, 2017 03:43 PM

Hey there.
Whilst in Inspection Mode, while working in the Consistency field, under "Same Artist, Different Genre," I noticed that when giving the option to "Choose another genre for selected songs," the box that opens up has a keystroke space at the beginning, which could really throw off the genre.

For example, if I didn't delete the space, it would be " Rock" instead of "Rock"

Just thought you would want to know.

:-)

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 26 Jul, 2017 03:54 PM

Hey Thomas,

the list shown should be based on the genres in your library. Do you perhaps have a genre named Rock, starting with a space?

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by Thomas Nelson on 26 Jul, 2017 06:00 PM

Ummm, that could be an issue, no doubt, but what I'm getting at is that it defaults to it. When I start to type into the blank box it produces, there is already one space in the box. When I click to start typing, it starts on the second space.

I will double-check my genre list when I get home. I don't have any doubt that some of my 800+ genres are incorrect.

And that is why I have your wonderful program.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 28 Jul, 2017 08:23 AM

When I start to type into the blank box it produces,

It shouldn't produce a blank box. Most likely you have some song marked with a genre that is just a space. I'll add some code that removes genres with leading or trailing spaces for that box—but the real issue is in your genre labels, I think.

You might want to try the following:

• Select Music as your current list.
    • Click on the Genre table header to sort by genre - make sure the little arrow points upwards (ascending sort order).
    • Now you should see songs sorted by genre, starting with genre names that start with a space character.
    • Slow-click on one of those space-genre names to start editing and remove the leading space characters.
    • beaTunes will ask you, whether you'd like to change the genre name for other songs as well, if you have multiple entries for the same, wrong genre name.

Cheers,

-hendrik

4. 4 Posted by Thomas Nelson on 30 Jul, 2017 08:17 PM

Okay, Hendrick, you were absolutely correct. My apologies.

I found the offending tracks. Thank you for the pointers, and I apologize for being so stubborn about it.

Thomas

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by hendrik on 31 Jul, 2017 06:11 AM

Okay, Hendrick, you were absolutely correct. My apologies.

I found the offending tracks. Thank you for the pointers, and I apologize for being so stubborn about it.

No problem. I'm glad it's resolved!

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac