Delete info on certain tracks

frank monaco

01 Jul, 2017 05:53 AM

Hello, I have over 77 thousand songs in my iTunes collection, i analysis all my songs which took over 1 week to do. I have lots of old radio shows from the 40s and 50s, comedy albums, things like that, is there a way to delete info on some of those tracks.
Thanks
Frank

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 01 Jul, 2017 05:56 AM

Hey Frank,

I'm not sure I understand what you want to delete, why and how.
    Can you please explain?

Thanks,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by frank monaco on 01 Jul, 2017 06:03 AM

for example, i have lots of amos and andy old radios shows from the 30s and 40s, it has the key timber mood and bpms and color, i want all those blank. i don't want want my talk shows to have that info, can i clear the bpm key mood and so on for that track

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 01 Jul, 2017 06:09 AM

Some of it you can delete. Assuming they all have the same genre, sort by genre and select a bunch of them (unfortunately you cannot select hundreds at a time) and then select Get Info from the context menu. Then go to the last tab of the pane (BPM & Co), select the checkboxes of the properties you want to delete and set them to appropriate values. I.e. for mood, just check the checkbox, but don't click into the color space, for BPM set the value 0.

Color and timbre are currently not deletable.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by hendrik on 01 Jul, 2017 06:13 AM

Another thought: You might want to move your radio shows to the media kind Podcast and your comedy shows to Audiobook. Just an idea, to have them out of the way and not in your main Music list anymore.

You can change media kind though the Get Info pane as well (or just do this in iTunes and then synchronize beaTunes).

5. 5 Posted by frank monaco on 01 Jul, 2017 06:20 AM

thank you, worked great, no big deal but can you clear color and timbre.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by hendrik on 01 Jul, 2017 06:36 AM

but can you clear color and timbre.

For the moment—unfortunately not.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac