play similar songs: show song list

ErikL

13 Jun, 2017 01:40 PM

"Play similar songs" is a nice addition for radio/music discovery. I miss being able to see the songs in a list so I could rate, skip, use as a seed etc. Maybe even output to a different player?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 14 Jun, 2017 07:59 AM

Hey Erik,

I had a UI incarnation of this feature on the list, but wasn't able to implement it due to time constraints. So the way it is, it really works like a radio station.

However, you can skip using the next song button. You can also insert into the list using the context menu. Version 5.0.1 will support "Goto current song", so you can find the currently playing song in your library. Perhaps that already helps a bit.

If I get a chance, I'll create some UI in beaTunes itself or perhaps create a plugin.

-hendrik

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by hendrik on 14 Jun, 2017 01:12 PM

Hey Erik,

this is definitely not all that could be done, but check out the available plugins (screenshot).

Cheers.

-hendrik

3. 3 Posted by ErikL on 14 Jun, 2017 03:11 PM

Wow, supercool !

definitely not all that could be done

No???

If you're contemplating to integrate it into the main UI I'd vote for a tab in the bottom pane.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by hendrik on 14 Jun, 2017 03:19 PM

If you're contemplating to integrate it into the main UI I'd vote for a tab in the bottom pane.

Hm. That's usually reserved for stuff that has something to do with the selected song in the main table.

5. 5 Posted by ErikL on 14 Jun, 2017 03:47 PM

the selected song in the main table.

yeah, wouldn't that be the seed song for the similar songs playlist, analogous to "matching songs"?

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by hendrik on 14 Jun, 2017 09:06 PM

yeah, wouldn't that be the seed song for the similar songs playlist, analogous to "matching songs"?

Yes, but then you change the selected song in the main table, but the seed song stays the same. All I'm saying is, it breaks an unspoken convention.

7. 7 Posted by ErikL on 15 Jun, 2017 06:39 AM

Yep, hadn't thought of that.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac