see all the audio files contained in the playlists that are inside the same folder

erges eregerge

27 Jan, 2016 07:20 AM

This comment was split from the discussion: suggestion about improvement on the « Tags » management system

Hi Hendrik

I’m still using Beatunes and I for the first time I’m happy with a music organizing tool!

I have a suggestion that would be very helpful (at least to me) in order to be able to search in groups of playlists:

Would it be possible to see all the audio files contained in the playlists that are inside the same folder just by clicking on the folder??

Maybe I’m wrong but I kind of remember it was possible in a previous version.

Thank you,

Elliot

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 27 Jan, 2016 07:22 AM

Hm.. that should be possible.
    Are you using an iTunes or folder-based library?
    http://help.beatunes.com/kb/troubleshooting/how-to-tell-an-itunes-b...

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by erges eregerge on 27 Jan, 2016 12:03 PM

Hi,

No I’m not. Folder based library.

Thanks

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 27 Jan, 2016 02:48 PM

No I’m not. Folder based library.

Hm.. Maybe that's it.

Maybe I’m wrong but I kind of remember it was possible in a previous version.

It's definitely in the iTunes-based libraries, as that is the way iTunes exports its data. Thinking about it, I don't believe I ever implemented this kind of behavior for folder-based libraries.

4. 4 Posted by erges eregerge on 27 Jan, 2016 02:55 PM

Hmm.. I understand why I was feeling like it was previously working since I started using the iTunes based library...

If someday you have the chance to implement this it would be great ;)

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by hendrik on 28 Jan, 2016 11:06 AM

If someday you have the chance to implement this it would be great ;)

It's unfortunately not a trivial feature to implement. We will see...

6. 6 Posted by erges eregerge on 28 Jan, 2016 02:16 PM

Ok :)

Also a minor bug to report, when I double click (by inadvertance) on the stars of the ratings of any song it launches a other song (all the time the same song is launched and after some time - or some manip - it changes for a new one)

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by hendrik on 29 Jan, 2016 02:39 PM

Thanks for reporting this.
    It will most likely be fixed in v4.5.10.

-hendrik

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by hendrik on 04 Feb, 2016 03:21 PM

Hey there,

can you please try https://www.beatunes.com/download/beaTunes-4-5-10-SNAPSHOT.dmg ?

Does it solve the double-click on rating problem you observed?

Thanks,

-hendrik

9. 9 Posted by erges eregerge on 04 Feb, 2016 10:08 PM

Hi Hendrick,

I’ve just tried it and it fixes it in some ways:
    now when I double-click on rating (any of them) it launches from the beginning the song that last played (or that is playing)
    -or
    if I move from the playlist that is (or was last) playing to a other playlist, the double-click on rating will launch the first song of the selected playlist.

Also I have a question, since I realized that browsing the playlists folders is not possible using the « folder based library » system I’m thinking of going back to iTunes based library (sad because it feels so good to not be using iTunes) but I’m a bit worried to loose a bunch of metadata (like ratings, comments, tags…)
    Do you have an advice?

Thanks,

Elliot

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by hendrik on 06 Feb, 2016 09:37 AM

Also I have a question, since I realized that browsing the playlists folders is not possible using the « folder based library » system I’m thinking of going back to iTunes based library (sad because it feels so good to not be using iTunes) but I’m a bit worried to loose a bunch of metadata (like ratings, comments, tags…)

The folder-based library stores all data in its internal database and the audio files. That means they should be picked up by iTunes and an iTunes-based library.

You might just want to give it a shot and switch back, if it does not work as expected. You can switch libraries in the General preferences.

11. 11 Posted by erges eregerge on 06 Feb, 2016 02:16 PM

> The folder-based library stores all data in its internal database and the audio files. That means they should be picked up by iTunes and an iTunes-based library.
    >
    > You might just want to give it a shot and switch back, if it does not work as expected. You can switch libraries in the General preferences.
    >

Hi Hendrik,

Ok, I just did it, for your record everything worked well except the « ratings » that all disappeared :( (except the ones that were stored by iTunes)

I suppose iTunes is storing them in a different way.. Do you think there is a way to get them from the internal data base or the audio files? I can’t loose all the ratings, so much time is involved..

Thanks!

12. 12 Posted by erges eregerge on 06 Feb, 2016 06:01 PM

Hi Hendrik,

I found a way concerning the ratings transfer embedded in each audio file to the iTunes library, I did it using « Yate » from developer 2ManyRobots.
    Great app by the way.

Thanks for all,

Elliot

13. Support Staff 13 Posted by hendrik on 07 Feb, 2016 06:59 PM

Hey Elliot,

cool - glad you found a solution for this.

Enjoy your Sunday!

-hendrik

14. 14 Posted by Elliot Fouchy on 11 Apr, 2018 03:43 PM

Hi Hendrik,

I was not using BeaTunes for a while, I just updated to v5 and it seems my key is not working anymore.

Could you help me with that please?

Thanks,

Elliot

15. Support Staff 15 Posted by hendrik on 11 Apr, 2018 03:46 PM

Hey Elliot,

your beaTunes 4 key only works for beaTunes 4.
    If you'd like to use beaTunes 5, you will have to purchase a discounted ($11.95) upgrade license from https://www.beatunes.com/en/beatunes-buy.html

If you'd rather go back to version 4, please see http://help.beatunes.com/kb/troubleshooting/downgrade-from-beatunes...

Cheers,

-hendrik

16. 16 Posted by Elliot Fouchy on 11 Apr, 2018 04:11 PM

Ok I will see then, thanks!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac