#of processes

Sean Horton

03 Feb, 2018 10:48 PM

1. If you experienced a crash or other abnormal behavior, please attach the log file 'beaTunes-logs-2018-02-03-144202.zip' by dragging it from your desktop onto the 'Attach File' button below.

2. How can I increase the number of preocesses run at the same time? Right now it limits it to 4. Somehow on my laptop I was able to double it to 8 and it works great. I usually am not running anything else anyway and it's a lot faster doing it with 8 or even 6. But I don't remember how I did it and I don't see it anywhere in the instructions. Thank you!

* beaTunes: 5.1.0
* JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
* Version: 25.152-b6
* Vendor: JetBrains s.r.o
* Library: FileSystem
* Memory: 92m - 640m
* Registered as: Sean Horton

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 04 Feb, 2018 10:24 AM

Hey Sean,

The max number of threads used during analysis depends on the number of processor cores in your system. It doesn't really make sense to run more threads than you have cores.

You can set the number of analysis threads in the preferences -> analysis. (but I'm sure you've found that already)

Cheers,

-hendrik

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by hendrik on 18 Mar, 2018 10:47 AM

Hey Sean,

this is unrelated to the issue of # of processes.

I have noticed that you’ve recently sent in some crash reports and believe I have fixed the issue you've experienced.

You can find the latest dev-snapshot for beaTunes that contains the potential fix at https://www.beatunes.com/download/beaTunes-5-1-2-SNAPSHOT.dmg

Should you try this out, please let me know, if you continue experiencing crashes.

Thank you,

-hendrik

PS: I have tried to contact you before, but apparently my emails got stuck in your spam filter.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac