Failed to find song with persistent id, the corresponding task
was dropped from the task queue. is this an error that occurs when
trying to rewrite beatunes color info? is there a way to clear song
color info after they've been embedded into the file and written
into the beatunes database?
Thing is, I haven't deleted while it's been processing. Before I
began the batch process, I synchronized beaTunes with iTunes. If
it's possible that beaTunes has just skipped some of the songs, is
there a way for me to determine which ones need to be re-processed?
I'd hate to have to begin the batch process from scratch again, but
won't mind doing it if it helps preserve the integrity of the
Thing is, I did not select any songs in my library to have
analyzed that aren't currently in my itunes library. I synchronized
before I began the analysis just to make sure that the two were the
same. Does beaTunes remember song files from 3 or 4
synchronizations ago when I try to analyze the library, and are
those the songs (which are not in my library any longer) whose
persistent id cannot be found?
Whenever my computer turns off my two monitors in order to save
power, when I return to use my computer again (and the monitors
turn on once again), it seems as though there is a higher rate of
'failed to find persistent id's'. Could this at all be somehow
Well the error occurs even amongst newly added songs to the
library (which haven't been deleted and beaTunes displays a prompt,
asking if I'd like to have the songs analyzed). I noticed that when
it occurs, it just seems to skip the analysis of a song file. If I
take the time to try and analyze the songs that had been skipped,
it does work, so I'm not sure what prevents the function from
working entirely when doing things in a batch.
I guess the issue is when it occurs while I'm trying to replace
the color files of songs that had previously calculated/downloaded
values, and the songs are 'skipped', I have no way of knowing which
ones I'd have to have the analysis try to analyze again to obtain
the non-erroneous values.
hendrik on 23 Jun, 2010 07:35 AM
Thanks for the logs.
After calculating (or importing) the spectrum for a song,
beaTunes adds it to a queue for mass background processing, writing
the new colors to the database. This queue competes with the rest
of the program for the database. When it gets very long, it may
lock the main database table, so that the analysis process can't
access it anymore and suffers a timeout.
Currently this timeout is at 10s. You can manually increase the
timeout by editing the files beaTunes2.l4j.iniandbeaTunes2.l4j.ini.template (on your
system in `G:\Program Files\tagtraum
To increase the timeout to 60s, you would need to add the line:
Then restart beaTunes.
I will make an effort to make the color calculation process less
greedy in future versions.
In any case, please let me know, whether increasing the timeout has
the desired effect.