Same file different path

ryan

06 Oct, 2017 11:19 PM

I have a symbolic link (junction) set in Windows from a cloud synced folder eg. C:\users\ryan\cloudstation -> c:\users\ryan\music\singles I've been adding songs to iTunes from the c:\users\ryan\music\singles folder so the path in iTunes has been c:\users\ryan\music\singles .. This has worked fine for the last couple of years but recently there's a few files appearing in the database with the C:\users\ryan\cloudstation path which is adding an additional entry in the database for the same file. This isn't being detected in the duplicate inspector either which is odd.

If I sort the Music list by path I can select all the files with the incorrect path to delete them but I'm guess that will delete the file too .. Is there a way to remove and entry from the database without removing the file itself?

* beaTunes: 5.0.4
* JVM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
* Version: 25.131-b11
* Vendor: Oracle Corporation
* Library: iTunes
* Memory: 92m - 1920m
* Registered as: Ryan Johnson

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 10 Oct, 2017 07:21 AM

Is there a way to remove and entry from the database without removing the file itself?

No, there isn't.

beaTunes always attempt to reflect what's in your iTunes library. Have you tried to synchronize (via the File menu)?

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by ryan on 10 Oct, 2017 10:49 PM

Yes I have .. The database has two entries for a file .. i tried repairing the database and got the attached fatal error :(

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 13 Oct, 2017 02:23 PM

The database has two entries for a file .. i tried repairing the database and got the attached fatal error :(

When repair fails, rebuild is unfortunately the only option.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac