BeaTunes on multiple computers?

Kyle Reeping

18 Aug, 2017 10:13 PM

Hi!

I have a mac at work and windows at home. A few questions.

First, am I allowed to install BeaTunes on multiple computer provided I own them? I suspect the answer to this is no to prevent piracy, but if it is yes then...

Can I install the mac version on my mac computer and the windows version on my windows computer using the same key?

Absolutely adore the program by the way. My library has been out of control for years and I've never had a good way to fix it (besides doing significant programming in applescript!)

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 19 Aug, 2017 06:34 AM

Hey Kyle,

First, am I allowed to install BeaTunes on multiple computer provided I own them? I suspect the answer to this is no to prevent piracy, but if it is yes then...

You can install the same key on multiple Mac and Windows computers, as long as you don't run the program on multiple computers at the same time.

The idea here is that you have bought a license. Where you use it at any given point in time is up to you.

Can I install the mac version on my mac computer and the windows version on my windows computer using the same key?

Yes.

Absolutely adore the program by the way. My library has been out of control for years and I've never had a good way to fix it (besides doing significant programming in applescript!)

Great! :-)

If you're on Twitter or Facebook, you might want to like the beaTunes account.

Cheers,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by Kyle Reeping on 23 Aug, 2017 09:50 PM

Hendrick,
    Thanks for the response. I know it would have probably been easier just to say “no” and only allow installation on a single computer, but the fact that you or the devs programmed in some sort of online activation makes it much more awesome! Thanks so much, you guys are the best!
    --
    Kyle Reeping
    Montana State University | Graduate Student
    [email blocked] <mailto:[email blocked]> | (406)994-6739

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 24 Aug, 2017 07:41 AM

Thanks so much, you guys are the best!

Thank you! :-)

-hendrik

4. hendrik closed this discussion on 24 Aug, 2017 07:41 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac