Java virtual Machine launcher: Error: Could not open C:ProgramFiles\beatunes4\jre\lib\amd64\jvm.cfg

Alex Mendoza

17 May, 2017 02:59 PM

This comment was split from the discussion: Libraries iTunes and folder based

Hi Hendrick – two things. #1 I sent you this email below about a bug which I still experience, did you get my email? #2 more dire – I’m noticing your product seems to be rather unstable, I tried to install your latest update, but I get an error message – so I aborted that, but then a little while later beatunes froze and I had to restart, then when I tried to open beatunes I cannot – I get an error – so what do I do now, if I reinstall do I loose work?

The current error says “Java virtual Machine launcher: Error: Could not open C:ProgramFiles\beatunes4\jre\lib\amd64\jvm.cfg

What is best way for me to proceed – I still love your product so much!!

alex

Hendrick – wanted to make you aware of a bug – using windows 10 and your latest version – I’m re categorizing GENRE manually – so I do a search, find the album and tracks, highlight them all, then do GET INFO – I change the genre – hit OK – and like every 3 or 4 times I do this – I can’t get off that page – and only way after trying all kinds of buttons (back, cancel, library etc) – I have to restart. The changes do take. Normally after I hit OK it leaves GET INFO page, and goes to library where I can see the tracks changing genres one by one. The freez happens quite consistently, arbitrarily, but every 3 to 4 times avg.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 17 May, 2017 03:02 PM

Hey Alex,

I have split your last post from the discussion you added it to. The two seem to be unrelated.

#1 I sent you this email below about a bug which I still experience, did you get my email?

Can you point me to the discussion URL? If not, I have probably not received it. Please start a new discussion with your request.

#2 more dire – I’m noticing your product seems to be rather unstable, I tried to install your latest update, but I get an error message – so I aborted that, but then a little while later beatunes froze and I had to restart, then when I tried to open beatunes I cannot – I get an error – so what do I do now, if I reinstall do I loose work?

The current error says “Java virtual Machine launcher: Error: Could not open C:ProgramFiles\beatunes4\jre\lib\amd64\jvm.cfg

What is best way for me to proceed – I still love your product so much!!

Please re-install beaTunes.

If the problem does not go away, let me know which operating system you are using and what version of beaTunes.

Thank you,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by Alex Mendoza on 17 May, 2017 03:31 PM

If I reinstall – I should uninstll first yes – and will their be any loss or negative consequences that I should be aware of – or is all data tags beatunes info stored on my HD – thank you!! - alex

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 17 May, 2017 03:46 PM

If I reinstall – I should uninstll first yes

No, don't uninstall first. The installer should handle it.

and will their be any loss or negative consequences that I should be aware of – or is all data tags beatunes info stored on my HD – thank you!!

It seems that you are already in a bad situation. In theory, the data is both in the beaTunes database and perhaps also in your files (depends on your settings). But just re-installing beaTunes will not touch either your database or your files.

4. 4 Posted by Alex Mendoza on 17 May, 2017 04:15 PM

Keep in mind – I originally did try and update the lastest version when the pop message suggested to when I opened BeaTunes yesterday, and I received an error saying it couldn’t install it – if I get that message again, any suggestions please? – install an older versioin – can u send me a link in case I need that please – thank yoU! - alex

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by hendrik on 17 May, 2017 04:16 PM

The most important thing to remember is, that beaTunes must not be running, while running the installer.

6. 6 Posted by Alex Mendoza on 18 May, 2017 02:58 AM

Hi Hendrick,

So not so good news – so as I mentioned, I had downloaded the latest update that pop up on my screen yesterday – so I ran that exe – and it installed fine, but upon launch I got this fatal error – what should I do next? I’m using windows 10 -

7. 7 Posted by Alex Mendoza on 18 May, 2017 03:27 AM

HI Hendrick – the fatal error message said to zip up the log files which I did and are attached

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by hendrik on 18 May, 2017 01:51 PM

The error messages in the log indicate that beaTunes was running while the installer was executed. Please shut down beaTunes, perhaps restart your computer.

Then run the installer again.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac