Acoustical matching

jbanko

06 Sep, 2016 08:04 PM

I was updating beaTunes database and got a bunch of issues that said multiple acoustically matched songs or something similar but I'm sure of the "acoustically matching" part. I receive several legal downloads which often have different names (i.e. the download package they came with) but are indeed the identical song. I noticed several in the list that I was aware of so I thought I would run the same inspection over the whole database, but after playing around for a few hours can't get the same results message. At any one time I carry roughly 15,000 songs in iTunes but have an external library of over 85K songs. I'd be happy to be able to run just over the currently loaded library but I can't find ANY ruleset that performs this type of inspection/analysis. Is this possible and if so how do I get to it?

Thanks,

Joe B

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 07 Sep, 2016 07:06 AM

Hey Joe,

I'm not entirely sure what the problem is, so I will simply explain how the acoustical matching works.

It's a two step process.

1. Run the analysis (not inspection) with fingerprinting enabled for all your songs. That's the task at the top of the Analysis Options dialog (shown, after you click on analyze).
    2. Now that beaTunes computed acoustical fingerprints for all songs, it can find identical songs using those fingerprints. Run the duplicates inspection to do so.

BTW: The duplicates inspection may also report duplicates based on other features (e.g. ISRC). Using those, your mileage may vary. The acoustical matching is probably your best choice.

Hope this helps,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by jbanko on 07 Sep, 2016 08:22 AM

Hendrik,

Thanks for the response. I think this will do what I want, just need to wait 20 or so hours for it to finish the analysis. 8P

Best,

Joe B

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 07 Sep, 2016 08:24 AM

Hey Joe,

yeah—it unfortunately takes a while, especially, when the files are not on a fast and local drive. Make sure to not check any other tasks than the fingerprinting one (in case you haven't done that already). That should shorten it a little.

Cheers,

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac