Using BeaTunes

Gary McQuaid

10 Feb, 2016 02:43 PM

Hi,

I've had it a while and rarely used it but couple of questions as i'm not quite sure of the functionality, or how best it works -

1) How do I ensure ALL of my iTunes library is / has been analysed by BeaTunes?
2) Is there an auto-analyze funciton where a song added to iTunes gets analyzed as it's dropped in iTunes?
3) Using the program if I click on any song eg "Song X" in music are the songs in the bottom half of screen ALL songs which would work with "Song X" and are the in order of match / suitability?
4) What's the difference between the above in 3 and creating a Match List?

Thanks in advance,
Gary

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 11 Feb, 2016 09:12 AM

Hey Gary,

1. If one of your analysis goals is color, simply sort by color and scroll all the way up or down (depending on sort direction). If you see songs without color, have beaTunes re-analyze them (select, right-click, analyze).
    2. There is a function that makes beaTunes list all songs added to iTunes since the last time beaTunes was started. To run it successfully, first synchronize via File -> Synchronize... and then run Tools -> Analyze new. Because of how new songs are computed this does not work perfectly, if you have started and stopped beaTunes a couple of times in between.
    3. They are sorted in order of suitability. Suitability is determined by the currently selected ruleset in the match preferences.
    4. A MatchList actually creates a new playlist, can use more than one seed song and allows to set a number of rules as well as other limits. It is also exported to iTunes (if your library is iTunes-based).

Hope this helps,

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac