Re-encoding tracks and migrating itunes metadata

Just a random guy

21 Nov, 2015 02:30 PM

My iTunes library primarily consists of songs that I ripped from CD to MP3 using LAME VBR encoding, for maximum compatibility across devices. Storage is cheap now and it's possible to stream lossless via Bluetooth to my play devices, so I'd like to re-rip my entire library using ALAC (probably via dbPowerAmp, but I'm open to other suggestions).

However, over the years I've added a variety of iTunes metadata to my collection, particularly ratings. I don't want to lose any of this. While searching for a way to refresh my library and keep the metadata, I stumbled on beaTunes. The app looks really cool but I think I would only buy it if it could help me automatically migrate my metadata from mp3 to ALAC versions of each song in my library. (There are over 4100 songs in my library and there's no way I could migrate all of this manually).

I trolled around the FAQ and forums trying to find out whether this is possible but did not find anything. Apologies if this has already been asked/answered. I have a lot of perl and some java programming experience and I see that beaTunes appears to have an API interface, so if I'd need to do a little coding to get this done, I am open to that. Still...some direction would be very helpful and appreciated!

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. Support Staff 31 Posted by hendrik on 23 Dec, 2015 01:43 PM

When you recorded these messages, did beaTunes crash?

The email address is support (at) tagtraum.com

2. Support Staff 32 Posted by hendrik on 23 Dec, 2015 01:43 PM

When you recorded these messages, did beaTunes crash?

The email address is support (at) tagtraum.com

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac