Functionality - Genre Creation and Linking

Gabriel

02 Nov, 2015 09:51 PM

Hello,

I've been interested in purchasing your software for some time and have been wanting to ask a question. Does your software currently allow a user to create a playlist of songs and then change ALL of each of the individual songs GENRE field meta data "en mass"?

I am interested in this because, as a DJ, I have playlists created for such things as "Cocktail Hour" "Ceremony" "Dinner" etc and I would like to add these "tags" to the Genre field of each of the songs I have in the playlist very quickly by "adding" a new Genre meta tag WITHOUT changing any of the currently assigned meta tags. This essentially would let me "build upon" previous Genre Meta Tags. So as an example a song that started with just the Genre tag "Top 40" could be added to a Playlist of 100 other songs and your software would ADD the tag "Cocktails" to the Genre field en mass to the whole list. So the new Genre field for this one song would be something like "Top 40, Cocktails"

This way, I can start having less overall playlists as part of my library and start using the Genre field more for the sorting.

Additionally, does your software give the ability to create a "drop down selection tool" of sorts when assigning tags to a genre?

Meaning is it possible to pre-fab a comprehensive list of potential Genre tags and then, when updating a playlist en mass, allow the user to select which genre tags he would like to apply to all songs in the play list FROM the MASTER LIST created ahead of time? In this way there would be less of a chance of accidentally using "similar but different" tags such as "Top 40" vs "top40" vs "POP" vs "pop" etc..

Thanks very much for your time.

Gabriel

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 03 Nov, 2015 04:13 PM

Hey Gabriel,

what you describe cannot be done with beaTunes and the Genre field. However, have you looked into tags. beaTunes does allow tagging of songs—just check the Get Info dialog, which contains a tag cloud.

Cheers,

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac