How to avoid analyzing movies and TV shows?

glen.warshauer

08 Sep, 2015 11:26 PM

I've already set the preferences on BeaTunes 4.5.2 to ignore movies and TV shows in the analysis, but I can see the movies all being analyzed right now (very time-consuming). How do I stop this?

Also, where can I find that option to "Share iTunes library XML with other apps"? I read it was under Preferences>Advanced, but now I can't find "Advanced" in the preferences options. Please advise.

Thanks. -Glen

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 09 Sep, 2015 06:21 AM

Hey Glen,

I've already set the preferences on BeaTunes 4.5.2 to ignore movies and TV shows in the analysis, but I can see the movies all being analyzed right now (very time-consuming). How do I stop this?

The first question is: How did you start it? Via Analyze All?—then they should have been ignored, if you configured beaTunes to ignore them before you started the analysis.

If you select songs and then hit Analyze, beaTunes assumes you know what you are doing and does not check any ignore settings.

To stop any analysis you can click on the vertical Analysis button on the left of the window and simply Clear Task Queue or remove individual songs from the queue.

Also, where can I find that option to "Share iTunes library XML with other apps"? I read it was under Preferences>Advanced, but now I can't find "Advanced" in the preferences options. Please advise.

It's a setting in iTunes, not beaTunes.

Cheers,

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by glen.warshauer on 09 Sep, 2015 06:40 AM

Hello, Hendrick.

This program is wonderful. A real time saver!

Thanks for the quick reply, Hendrick, and the reminder that the setting I sought was in iTunes, not in beaTunes. I hadn't realized that, and found it right away. Very helpful!

> "The first question is: How did you start it? Via Analyze All?—then they should have been ignored, if you configured beaTunes to ignore them before you started the analysis."
    >
    Yes, I ran "Analyze All Songs" and it included TV Shows and Movies in the analysis, despite my having previously (before running Analyze) checked every box that gave me the opportunity to tell it to exclude TV Shows, Movies, and Podcasts from analysis, inspection, etc. (whatever was listed on each tab). I agree that they should have been ignored. My problem is that they were not. Please advise.

> "If you select songs and then hit Analyze, beaTunes assumes you know what you are doing and does not check any ignore settings."
    >

Understood. But if I click on "Analyze All Songs," it shouldn't include anything I've specifically told it to exclude, correct?

> "To stop any analysis you can click on the vertical Analysis button on the left of the window and simply Clear Task Queue or remove individual songs from the queue."
    >

Thanks!

- Glen

----------------

Sent from my mobile phone. Please excuse any typos.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 09 Sep, 2015 06:57 AM

This program is wonderful. A real time saver!

Thank you. Glad you like it. :-)

Yes, I ran "Analyze All Songs" and it included TV Shows and Movies in the analysis, despite my having previously (before running Analyze) checked every box that gave me the opportunity to tell it to exclude TV Shows, Movies, and Podcasts from analysis, inspection, etc. (whatever was listed on each tab). I agree that they should have been ignored. My problem is that they were not. Please advise.

There are a bunch of ignore settings in beaTunes—some for Analysis, some for Inspection. Any chance you set the ignore settings in Inspection, but not in Analysis?

Understood. But if I click on "Analyze All Songs," it shouldn't include anything I've specifically told it to exclude, correct?

Correct.

4. 4 Posted by glen.warshauer on 09 Sep, 2015 06:59 AM

Hendrik, (and I'm sorry this was spelled as "Hendrick" before...it was my iPhone's spell checker)

I also just added the following to Analysis>Exclude Genres: Motion Pictures (what all my movies are categorized as), TV Shows, and Podcast. I hope all of these things will prevent it from analyzing TV Shows and Movies.

Thank you again for your help.

- Glen

----------------

5. 5 Posted by glen.warshauer on 09 Sep, 2015 08:58 PM

I set both the Analysis and Inspection settings, but that didn't work. (Analysis comes before Inspection in the process, correct?) not sure why not.

However, adding the Genres to exclude seemed to work.

- Glen

----------------

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by hendrik on 10 Sep, 2015 06:38 AM

I set both the Analysis and Inspection settings, but that didn't work.

Odd. I have retested this and it seemed to work here.
    Where are your shows and movies listed in iTunes? Under Music or Movies/*Shows*?

-hendrik

7. 7 Posted by glen.warshauer on 10 Sep, 2015 02:38 PM

Movies are under Movies, and TV Shows are under TV Shows.

- Glen

----------------

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by hendrik on 21 Sep, 2015 11:49 AM

Hey Glen,

I made some changes to the current dev snapshot that should solve this issue.
    If you're interested, please try out https://www.beatunes.com/download/beaTunes-4-5-3-SNAPSHOT.dmg

Cheers,

-hendrik

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac