Music Library Structure Requirements

M Landis

01 Sep, 2015 08:45 PM

My current music library consists of approximately 3200 collections/albums containing 85,000 songs distributed over 400GB. Music is organized by genre/artist/album-collection/song and the file sub-directory hierarchy follows this structure. Does Beatunes allow the user to use and/or define a library file structure such as this? I have many collections of the first 300-500 Billboard charted songs for a specific genre (ie: country/pop/ soul/etc) for particular years These files are in folders by genre and year and named as follows: year_chart position - Artist - Song Title (ie: 2005_002 - Kanye West (Featuring Jamie Foxx) - Gold Digger). The same song may appear in earlier or later years collections if it was on the Billboard charts for those years. I may also have a copy of the entire original album which contained the song. How would these conflicts/duplicates be handled? Are the existing song files modified in place or copied or moved to some other structure?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 01 Sep, 2015 09:55 PM

I think the essential answer here is:

beaTunes does not mess with the folder structure of your audio files.

The only exception: If you are using a folder-based library (see http://blog.beatunes.com/2015/01/different-libraries-for-different-... for what that means), and drag files from somewhere that's not a sub-folder of the base folder, the files are copied into the base folder.

Are the existing song files modified in place or copied or moved to some other structure?

They are modified in place.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac