How do I make covers show in the column cover?

danroesch

20 Apr, 2015 05:54 PM

Hi,

I am wondering how to make the covers I have embedded in the mp3 show in the column cover. It's possible in iTunes, I think it could work in beatunes, too. I just don't know how to do it. Thanks for your help.

Dan

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 20 Apr, 2015 06:56 PM

Hey there..

by default the covers are only shown, when you sort by album and have more than a couple of songs per album.

So the simplest approach is to click on the header of the cover column.

If'd like to see cover art for single tracks, please check out http://help.beatunes.com/discussions/suggestions/2212-album-art-dis...

-hendrik

2. 2 Posted by danroesch on 25 Apr, 2015 09:12 AM

Hi Hendrik,

thanks for your reply. It's really nice that you are so responsive. I do appreciate that it's possible to display the covers. It helps me a lot to recoginze my tracks visually, and to build better playlists.

The command shell magic you supposed worked partially for me. There are covers displayed for all songs. But maybe one third of them are not correct - they belong to other songs.

However, when I switch to the ctrl + i view, the correct covers is being displayed. When I go back to the column view, the wrong cover is displayed again.

Is there a way to solve this?

Cheers,
    Daniel

3. 3 Posted by danroesch on 25 Apr, 2015 09:18 AM

The red and yellow cover should only appear for one song. Each song does have an individual cover in its mp3-tag.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by hendrik on 26 Apr, 2015 04:53 PM

But maybe one third of them are not correct - they belong to other songs.

Odd.. I will have to look into this.

-hendrik

5. 5 Posted by Plangin on 17 May, 2017 02:51 PM

quote The red and yellow cover should only appear for one song. Each song does have an individual cover in its mp3-tag.

It happens when the Album field is empty.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by hendrik on 17 May, 2017 02:57 PM

It happens when the Album field is empty.

I assume you've tested this with the current version, right Plangin?

7. 7 Posted by Plangin on 17 May, 2017 02:58 PM

Sure. :-)

8. 8 Posted by Plangin on 17 May, 2017 03:01 PM

I was about to create another bug report... but then I found the reason of the issue.
    Filling the album fields fixes the cover column.
    Afair, iTunes can also behave odd regarding artwork when album / album artist fields are empty.

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by hendrik on 18 May, 2017 01:49 PM

Filling the album fields fixes the cover column.

I have trouble reproducing this...
    Is the album field really empty? Or does it contain just space chars?
    Also, what's in the artist and album artist columns when this happens?

10. 10 Posted by Plangin on 19 May, 2017 08:54 AM

Check Dan's screenshots. The first track without Album name is 'Dirty Skank Beats (Markus Visionary Remix)'. I assume It is showing the correct artwork in the list.
    Then every following entry without album data is using the same artwork as some kind of placeholder.

Is the album field really empty? Or does it contain just space chars? Also, what's in the artist and album artist columns when this happens?

It is empty. Check my attached screenshot in case you need more information regarding the other fields. All of them are really empty. No spaces or other chars.

Plangin

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by hendrik on 19 May, 2017 09:39 PM

It seems that the issue may be solved in 4.6.16.
    An OS X dev snapshot is available at https://www.beatunes.com/download/beaTunes-4-6-16-SNAPSHOT.dmg

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• no_cover.jpg 52.8 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac