Track info Beatunes/iTunes + suggestion

Martijn de Haas

07 Feb, 2015 09:21 PM

I'm experimenting with the Inspection features. In iTunes I'm used to use the albumartist field to force tracks to the same album. Maybe this is not the best way, but I haven't found a better one. I found tracks with Beatunes which needed to be grouped to an album. I changed the artist and albumartist for all tracks to the same in iTunes. Back in Beatunes I noticed that 'artist' wasn't changed (still VA). After restarting the application and re-analyzing the tracks still no changed artist field. I do see the change of artis in the file properties. Is this correct behaviour?

I also have like 80 tracks which can't be analyzed. I gues there is no way to set the Color manualy? Are un-collored tracks excluded from a Matchlist search? Those will be tracks lost never to be found by a matchlist am I right? Same with the playlist suggestions?

One lost thing: Controlling the volume knob with the mouse-wheel looks counter intuitive. Scrolling up is lowering volume. Don't what other people think about it.

Just suggestions, your product is allready incredibly potent ;-))

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 08 Feb, 2015 01:24 PM

Back in Beatunes I noticed that 'artist' wasn't changed (still VA). After restarting the application and re-analyzing the tracks still no changed artist field. I do see the change of artis in the file properties. Is this correct behaviour?

You probably need to sync, via File -> Synchronize.
    If your library is small (<5000) and your computer is fast, you can enable Synchronize on Window activation in the general preferences for automatic synchronization.

I also have like 80 tracks which can't be analyzed. I gues there is no way to set the Color manualy?

Correct, you can't set it manually.

Are un-collored tracks excluded from a Matchlist search?

No.

Those will be tracks lost never to be found by a matchlist am I right?

No. It entirely depends on the match rules configured in the preferences. Only if the similar color rule is strong, those songs cannot be matched.

Same with the playlist suggestions?

Again, depends on your rule set.

One last thing: Controlling the volume knob with the mouse-wheel looks counter intuitive. Scrolling up is lowering volume. Don't what other people think about it.

I should look into that for Windows. You know, on OS X a while ago all direction were reversed...

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by hendrik on 18 Feb, 2015 03:33 PM

Controlling the volume knob with the mouse-wheel looks counter intuitive. Scrolling up is lowering volume.

FYI: This has been reversed in v 4.0.19 on Windows.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac