Duplicate songs

Bill Parkinson

07 Jul, 2020 03:30 PM

Is there a tool in BeaTunes that allows me to set rules for defining what is a duplicate. I only use beatunes to manage my collection and I would really like to be able to tell it that a song is only a duplicate if it is on the same album. I have tons of Beatles albums and often the same song is on multiple albums. I want to keep my albums intact. A prime example would be Let it Be and Let it Be Naked. all but one song on those two albums is the same but with different mixes. I want to keep both but I have to hand filter through over 600 duplicates to find the handful that I actually accidentally loaded twice. Having a filter that allowed me to exclude songs with the same album name would be awesome. If it is already there can you please point me to it. if not would you consider this request?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 09 Jul, 2020 07:30 AM

Is there a tool in BeaTunes that allows me to set rules for defining what is a duplicate.

Now, but beaTunes usually reports why it thinks songs are duplicates.

If it is already there can you please point me to it. if not would you consider this request?

It's not in there, but the problem is very real and understandable.

2. 2 Posted by Bill Parkinson on 09 Jul, 2020 02:26 PM

Yesterday the system found 503 duplicates of which about 10 were true duplicates, but i still had to take the time to go through them all. The ones that really confuse me are the ones where the song name is completely different but the album name is the same and they are shown as duplicates.

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by hendrik on 10 Jul, 2020 07:28 AM

The ones that really confuse me are the ones where the song name is completely different but the album name is the same and they are shown as duplicates.

That should not happen. What does beaTunes claim is the reason for them being duplicates? The reason is part of the issue name.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac