Song Matching rules

Richard

30 Jun, 2020 10:00 PM

Now that I've answered my previous question on matchlists, I have this question on creating a Song Matching ruleset:

The slider bar that goes from -5.0 to +5.0... If it is set to a negative number, does that mean that a matching data element is actually LESS likely to appear in the resulting playlist? For example, if I set "Year of Publication" to -0.5, and my seed song has a Year of "1973", does that mean that another song with year 1973 is less likely to be selected than another song with a year of 1974 (or 2014 or 1944), assuming everything else is equal?

Follow-up: If I set a parameter (say, "Instrumentation") to be 0.0, does that mean that Instrumentation will have no effect at all in the returned result?

Also, Hendrik, could you explain what the process references when assessing things like "Popularity" and "Similar Artist"?

Thanks in advance for your help in clarifying.

Richard

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by hendrik on 02 Jul, 2020 04:15 PM

For example, if I set "Year of Publication" to -0.5, and my seed song has a Year of "1973", does that mean that another song with year 1973 is less likely to be selected than another song with a year of 1974 (or 2014 or 1944), assuming everything else is equal?

Exactly.

If you set a negative weight for the year rule, it essentially means that tracks that were released in a similar time frame as your seed song are indeed ranked lower than other identical songs that have a completely different release year.

If I set a parameter (say, "Instrumentation") to be 0.0, does that mean that Instrumentation will have no effect at all in the returned result?

Exactly. It won't affect the result.

Also, Hendrik, could you explain what the process references when assessing things like "Popularity" and "Similar Artist"?

Popularity is a measure of how many people have a certain track.
    Similar artist depends to a large degree on LastFM data, but also uses WikiData data.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac